Shake It Or Leave It
Roy Loney & Señor No
Hotsak RH 04, 2009
Roy Loney: lead vocals, acoustic guitar
Mikel Yarza: guitar
Xabi Garre: guitar, harmonica, backing vocals
Fumai: bass, backing vocals
Guantxe: drums, backing vocals
Jesus Aranburu: Piano
Paxti Spazo: Backing Vocals
Roy is back in Spain again with a full length CD this time, and a good one!
1. Got Me A Hot One! (Loney). A rockabilly song with a modern sound.
2. Gettin' Gone (Loney). A fast and loud rocker with loud guitars and a great riff.
3. Diablo (Loney). The song starts with Roy singing to an acoustic guitar with a great riff & rhythm. Then the band joins and it’s one of my all time favourites!
4. Sweet Hell (Loney). A great garage rocker with a 60's sounding organ.
5. Cara-Lin (Bob Feldman, Gerald Goldstein, Richard Gottehrer). A great cover of the old Strangeloves song.
6. Act Nice and Gentle (Ray Davies) is a great, rare old Kinks number which I think was the B-side to Waterloo Sunset.
7. Everything Goes (Loney) is a great new Loney song again
8. Love Is A Spider (Loney) I'm glad Roy did this great version of one of my favourites. The song really deserved this new better sounding version.
9. (Don't You Think) My Heart Has Had Enough (Loney). A "Stonsey" good rocking number
10. Dance With Me (Jimmy Alaimo, Paul Curcio) is a great garage rocker first recorded by The Mojos.
11. Least Magnificent Moment (Loney). This is also a well deserved re-recording of an old "Artistic as hell" number.
12. Headin' For The Texas Border (Loney, Jordan), A very well performed version of the old FG classic. I think one of the reason he re-recorded it is that someone else sings on the FG version (Tim Lynch?)??
This is a very good album again. It have some old songs re-recorded which in this case is OK as they are even better than the original versions! It is a loud guitar driven well recorded album but maybe not as good as the two previous Longshots albums. But it is as good as “Full Grown Head which gives it 8/10. Rock’n Roy still Rocks